Well, my rag tag FIST team made it all the way to the final 4 of Washington Improv Theater’s Fighting Improv Smackdown Tournament. We lost in the semi-final round to our friends in The Flea Sisters. We were the second to perform in the match and I knew it was all over for us when we got off stage. The Flea Sisters had a great show and they ended with a super fun song to boot. Backstage we congratulated them before the results were read but they weren’t convinced they won yet. We had a packed house of over 100 people and it was hard to tell how you were doing while onstage. One thing was certain, we all wanted to end on a super funny high note. So I suggested that we all do a spit take when the results were read. That way no one gives us sad-loser-sorry-face and six hams get what they really want: one more laugh. Here’s the pic:
Today is not awesome for these reasons:
- traffic caused by the Nuclear Summit closed a metro, made me super late for work during a stressful week
- filed my taxes. My accountant: “Your little acting checks aren’t really helping you out taxwise.”
- some fool at work ate my Weight Watchers lunch
- there is a lady on my floor that wears a cheap perfume that smells like a turd soaked in musk
- I found a $100 dollar charge on my Amex from Match.com, a service I have not used in… a long time, and had to have the following conversation:
Operator: It’s a great day at Match.com. How can I help you?
Me: I’m calling to dispute a $100 charge made to my Amex. I did not receive a renewal notice and I would like to terminate services.
Operator: Oh ok. Did you find someone?
Last night at the improv tournament after party my friend sat me down in front of a computer to show me this. I woke up this morning and thought I need to see this again. Priorities.
– F*ckin MAGNETS! How do they work?!
– I don’t want to talk to a scientist! Ya’ll muthaf*ckin’ liars and gettin’ me pissed!
– F*CKIN’ RAINBOWS!
Real Housewives of New York: Ramona (aka “Crazy Eyes). This woman is batshit bananas crazy.